3 posts tagged Fashion Show
Happy Monday Everyone!
This past Friday, I was given the wonderful opportunity to celebrate women in a fashionable way by attending the Celebrating Women Runway Event at Katy Mills. Now honestly speaking driving to Katy Mills on a Friday in Houston is like driving to Dallas in a Chevy Aveo with four people (uncomfortable), but this was truly an event that mashed fashion and giving back to women. So that truly means it was a MUST attend for Me.
The Celebrating Women Runway Event was hosted by the beautiful and talented Lily Jang, who is the morning news anchor on KHOU-11 and an Emmy-nominated journalist. (She is truly so down to earth and humble!) The event is one of many signature Katy Mills events where all impressive, fashion forward trends are showcased to people of all ages to give insite to what Katy Mills has to offer shoppers who want to wear the best at money-savvy prices.
Not only did Me and fellow bloggers get to preview some of the runway looks before the show, we also got to stuff our faces in our own reception area courtesy of Katy Mills with food provided by Rainforest Cafe and a variety of wine selections before the runway event occured. All of this Falls’ trends were showcased on the runway and provided by Katy Mill stores: Juicy Couture, DKNY, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, and Wilson’s Leather.
The hottest trends on display down the runway were Leather, Fur, Printed Pants, Formal Wear, Black and Blue Combo, and most of all variety of color.
Take a look at my favorite photos of the night:
Fabulous Houston Fashion Bloggers
Trend: Black & Blue
Trend: Color Pants
Trend: Formal Black/Gold
Trend: Formal Blue
This Runway Event only increased my shopping itch……
But the Celebrating Women Runway Event truly was a great event full of fashion, fall trends, wonderful people and most of all Katy Mills insite.
So if you are like Me and love to find great fashion finds for the fraction of the cost, take a day trip to Katy Mills!
Below is additional fashion footages to experience the show as well:
Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to attend the Simon Fashion Now Invite-Only Fashion Show courtesy of Cadillac Houston and my fabolous blogger friend, Shalanda Turner, who was also given a “Caddy for a Week”. So Houston Fashion Bloggers surely arrived in style and looked FABOLOUS doing it. For those of you who don’t about Simon Fashion Now, it is a bi-annual fashion event always showcasing the hottest trends on the season with fashionable events to showcase the newest trends in store.
We arrived to a fashionista’s dream event with a room of fashionable people, delicatable cocktails and appetizers, and trends to note for sure from everyone. L.K. Bennett showcased some of their new Spring/Summer 2012 Collection on live models as guests mingled to the infectious sounds of the featured DJ.
Before the show started, me and my fellow bloggers got the wonderful opportunity to meet the mastermind behind this must attend event, Jackie Ellis, who is the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Special Events for Corporate Marketing at Simon Property Group. She gave us the insight on the trends for Spring and what’s to come from the Simon Property Group in the future. She was also nice to give us the opportunity to ask her any questions we wanted and also took pictures with us before the show began.
Before the show begun, I decided to get a photo op to remember my experience and finally figured out we were front row to the show. Extra excited! It was so much fun because I literally multitasked the whole show between twitting on Twitter, taking photos of the runway show, and fliming the final walk of the whole show.
My Overall Review of the Runway Show:
- Saks Fifth Avenue, the top luxury retailer store that always is ahead of any season’s trends, showcased trends like fringe, Maxi-dresses, prints, and the hottest trend of Spring, Floral.
- St. John, known for showcasing the simplicity of knit wear and structured looks, displayed fashionable pastels, florals, and striking suits.
- MaxMara, the luxury evoluoltionary powerhouse gave the audience colorblock in an assortment of Spring color combinations, leather, and trendable wedges.
- Jimmy Choo, the must-have shoes for any fashionista showed us nothing but gimme-gimme gotta have shoes on trend with wedges and stilettos galore.
- Carolina Herrera, this All-American brand showcased a trendy set of A-line skirts (Mad Men Style), evening and casual wear in it’s usual American Red, White, and Blue color combination, as well as striking color garments in Neon.
- Fendi, iconic multinational luxury brand, showcased the dark side of Spring with neutrals in leather, stripes, and trendy colorblocking combinations.
- Giorgio Armani, Italian designer fashion house showcased structured looks in a fashionable way by spotting dressy looks for the woman on the rise. Neutrals and suits were on spotlight for Armani.
- Salvatore Ferragamo, Italian luxury brand known for their impectable usage of material, gave viewers enough awe moments to last a season. With trendy jumpers, dresses, pinstripe suits and gowns in this season’s spring must-have Neons and Florals, this was surely my favorite brand of the night.
Last but certainly not least was Neiman Marcus, who I like to call the friendly sister of Saks, showcased all of this season’s trends from evening wear to prints in colors and prints to die for.
This surely was a FASHIONABLY night to remember well into the Fall!
Take a look at some of the highlights from the night:
~ NW Style
JEN KAO - MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK SPRING 2012 COLLECTIONS (by mbfashionweek)